Can another healthcare professional help?
Sometimes the GP is not the most appropriate healthcare professional to deal with your ailment. Please see the information on see a doctor or healthcare professional, which might help you decide whether a GP appointment is truly necessary or whether it might be better for you to see a pharmacist, optician, dentist, or other healthcare professional.
Please note the last GP appointment is at 4:00pm. The appointment line opens at 8:00am to10:00am & 11:00am to 12:30pm & 1:30pm to 4:00pm. Please always remember to check in with the receptionist before seeing your GP.
- Appointments may be made by telephone or in person
- The Practice operates on the day appointments whereby if you require a morning appointment for that day please call the surgery at 8:00am, if you require an afternoon appointment for that day please call the surgery at 11:00am
- Telephone appointment cancellations cannot be taken after 4:00pm
- Please make one appointment for each member of the family who needs to be seen
- We try to keep to time but please be patient if someone before you takes longer than planned
- Appointments are normally ten minute slots and so if you have a complicated problem, or more than one problem, please ask for a longer appointment
- It is Practice policy to allow patients to choose whichever doctor they wish to attend in the Practice (however this may not always be possible during periods of annual leave or illness)
- Interpreter. If you require an interpreter to attend with you when you see your Doctor please notify the receptionist and she will arrange this for you.
Please help us
If you are not able to attend your appointment please let us know in time so that the time can be used for someone else. If you are more than 10 minutes late for an appointment you may be asked to re-book.
If you are late
Please attend your appointment on time, if you are late you may not be seen. If you are not seen you will not be able to rearrange your appointment until the next working day-except in the event of an medical emergency that requires immediate attention.
We operate a pre-bookable appointment system for up to 4 weeks in advance.
Doctors are available for telephone advice. If you require a telephone appointment with the Doctor, please request this when you contact the receptionist.
Private Medical Examinations
Medical examinations for special purposes such as pre-employment, fitness to travel, elderly drivers, fitness to undertake sports etc., will require longer than a routine appointment.
These examinations do not form part of NHS Services, you will be charged for any such examination. Please check the fee chargeable when you require to arrange any such examination. Please inform the receptionist when arranging such appointments.
Consultations 16 to 75
If a patient aged between 16 and 75 years has not had a practice consultation within a period of three years, we are happy, on request, to provide a consultation.